Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mock Congresss

I thought that our experiment of pretending to be members of congress was interesting. It was a good way to better learn and understand how to make a bill a law and the extensive process it goes through. I was a representative from Colorado (D). I was also on the education committee and although my bill didn't make it to the final cutting block I think that during the senate discussion we passed some good bills. It was fun debating with others on why one bill should become a law or shooting down others. I liked this hands on approach to teaching much more than reading the process out of the book. Kate made a great Speaker of the House and I can see her as the next Nancy Pelosi! But what would be really awesome is if we could have this test in a couple days..... :)

No comments: